Monday 10 May 2010

The hyperbole of children

It's sad to have finished work, and strangely dislocating to still be here as they go back to school after two weeks of holiday. Here are some of the cards they made me. It was interesting to see what they wrote. An awful lot of them said 'tu es la plus belle' - leaving aside the veracity of that, it's just not something we'd say in England, to a teacher.

I like to think that this demonstrates Britain's geopolitical superiority over France, Ireland and China.



I love this one: monkey/donkey: endless amusement ensued.




I like how the kid has misspelled both 'cath' and 'doc' here. I'm a great English teacher!



This is the most amusing one: I am beautiful like lilac, and I smell of roses. Damn straight. I was always particularly sweaty and dishevelled in this class because it was after lunch so I had to climb up the hill in the midday heat. The kids remarked on my sweatiness most days - so maybe this whole thing is veiled sarcasm? I particularly like the fact that she explains what a rose is, despite it being the major component of my name, but not what lilac is.





Oh Charles and Roch...if you liked me so much, why did you behave so badly? I do fondly remember the time when we were learning body parts and you drew monsters which sprouted huge penises all over their bodies and, reluctant to miss a rare occasion when you actually wanted to know an English word, I taught you how to say 'He has seven big purple penises'. I'm going to miss teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment